Dualtron Ultra 2, the queen of off-road electric scooters
Everyone remembers the legendary electric scooter, Dualtron Ultra, Minimotor’s first off-road type electric scooter; a monster capable of climbing slopes of 60-70% at incredible speeds. Your best ally for mountains and forest trips.
Our teams worked hard on a new version of the Ultra, Ultra 2, to bring back the off-road champion to the field with even higher performance, higher stability, new features, and many improvements.
Dualtron Ultra 2 has the same 11 inches off-road type tires as the first Ultra. The tires are very wide, high quality, and ready to take on any type of terrain.
Regarding to the design of the scooter, we kept a very similar design to the first Ultra while adding some comfort and security elements like:
- A rear stepping platform (very useful in acceleration phases)
- Extra LED lights on different parts of the chassis to make the rider more visible and safer during the night.
- Foldable handle for a more practical storage and transport process of the electric scooter.
Performance and characteristics of the Dualtron Ultra 2
The Dualtron Ultra is a highly performant electric scooter that can go up to 100 km/h on an average distance of 120 km and is equipped with :
- 72V35Ah LG cell Li-ion battery instead of the 60V battery equipping the first Dualtron Ultra
- Two motors in the front and the rear delivering each 3320W of peak power
- Two 40A power controllers, one for each motor.
- Front and rear disc brakes coupled with our patented highly efficient electric/magnetic ABS braking system.
- Aviation aluminum forging alloy for a durable and stable chassis.
- The 11-inch ultra-wide off-road tire with crampons
- Front rubber suspension
- Rear suspension with 5 kinds of rubber cartridge replaceable design
The Dualtron Ultra 2, just like any other high-end/high-performance Dualtron electric scooter, has many charging options. The user can either :
- Charge the scooter with the standard and included 1.5A charger in around 23h
- Purchase an additional standard 1.5A charger and simultaneously plug the two chargers to the Ultra 2 which has two charging ports. By doing so, the user reduces the charging time by 50% to reach 11 hours of charge !
- Purchase a 5A fast charger to reduce the charging time to around 7h. Please note that it is highly recommended to avoid plugging two fast chargers to the scooter as it may damage the battery and void the scooter warranty.
New features and improvements
The Dualtron Ultra 2 being largely inspired by and very close to the first Dualtron Ultra, the two scooters look similar and are effectively quite similar.
However, here is a bunch of new features and improvements made on the Ultra 2 other than the improved performance described above :
- Foldable handle (same handle as the Dualtron Thunder and Storm).
- Rear stepping platform, very useful during powerful accelerations. Indeed, you are standing on an electric scooter and should push your body forward during acceleration in order to compensate for the backward thrust.
- LED lights on the handlebar and under the deck. Being more visible during the night is a huge improvement and a very welcome safety feature of Dualtron power riders.